Register To Comment

Thread: Belt Drive

Hi all having near on completed my first feather, i decided in my great wisdom that i want to change the design completely.

I have been toying with the idea of Belt drive using pullys and belts using 2 motors converting my bot into 4 wheel drive.

Now here comes the questions:

Can you fit a pully direct to a drill motor? If so how?

I component list would be immense, obviously you would be needing more detail on this part but a rough idea would be great.

Thanks all and i hope this message made any sense.

you could tap the pulley with a 3/8 unf and just attach it the same way as a wheel, screw it on and the get a washer and locktite and screw in the LH screw

I want to do the same but struggling to find a way I can attach the pulkey and wheel to the drill motor shaft.

Attach one wheel in the conventional way to the drill motor. Then bolt the pulley to the outside of the wheel. The other wheel will need bearing mounts, a shaft, a wheel and a corresponding pulley.

Just been looking at the COBALT Build diary that is near on exact with what im aiming to do, but theirs appears to go in the order of motor/pulley/wheel. Any ideas as to how they fixed in that order?

In cobalts case I think it is just a banebot wheel fitted to the shaft, but I do not know how the pulley is attached. Maybe bolting the pulley to the wheel would work?

Kenny made new shafts for the banebots.... But it could be done with off the shelf parts... FYI HPC gears will bore out a pulley and put a keyway in it for £8

Mouldy, That sounds interesting would you be able to put up some links to the relevant parts you have mentioned?

Many thanks

Register To Comment