Register To Comment

Thread: GR02 modification

Looks awesome! Will be interesting to see how the gearbox lasts, I think you'll need to strengthen the pins on the carrier plate/shaft to take the extra torque from that motor.

Keep us posted.

I'm with Ellis. There's more power but less room for error.
    Quick bit of Maths. The 775 has an output of 0.153 NM maximum efficiency. 0.153 * 24 gearing would be 3.6 NM maximum output. 0.153 * 36 gearing would be 5.5 NM maximum output. Through a gearbox of max 10NM.
    Last edited by psychostorm; 16th June 2013 at 12:19.

I have been advised to avoid welding by several. Apparently the material simply gets brittle and useless when you weld it. We were kindly presented with the solution by the RoboChallenge guys in April, though. In short, a piece of the right size steel rod (I think it's 3.2mm?) which is 1mm too long, the 1mm extra sticking out on the shaft side of the carrier plate. You then bullpeen hammer that 1mm until it mushrooms out flat. The result is like the stalk of a mushroom, the pin can't pop out of its hole as often happens, so that failure point is removed. This seems to have worked beautifully for making Tormenta 2's drive more reliable. For now, anyway.

Register To Comment