Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robochallenge wheels

Hi Dan

We have had the same problem with them:

We did get another one made but it was similarly as wobbly, however we have found that it doesn't affect the drive at all!

I'd imagine that by driving the robot around on a Tarmac floor it should wear the wheels down so they are less off centre. Failing that just get a 3/8" unf bolt and screw the wheels into that, stick the bolt in a centre lathe and turn a bit off the wheels so theta re perfectly round.
    But to be honest I doubt it will be a huge problem if the wheels are a bit off centre.

i straiten my wheels by using a long 3/8 unf bolt and a soldering iron i warm the nut up and then use the bolt for leverage, it doesn't get them 100% but it gets them close enough

You could just hold a cordless drill in the vice with the bolt with the wheel attached in the chuck and spin it round holding a coarse file against it? Or if you have one stick it in the chuck of a pillar drill like Ellis did in his video of how to make wheels

Has anyone contacted robochallenge about this? It could be worth a look into.

Register To Comment