Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team DD robots!

Hi there!

Short story of myself (TLDNR at bottom);

Ive been around this forum since 2004, now and then. Were in the old forum aswell until everyone moved here after the original robot wars ended.
    I'm a swedish roboteer and since my interest for this hobby has spiked again (got many hobbies i rotate) I'm back for more.

Luckily I've gathered a decent pile of parts and its ever growing.
    Nothing makes me more tempted to build than reading build diaries and pics of progress of other people's robots and I've seen a fair few mention the same thing lately so here's my contribution!

So after seeing tons of robot wars when younger and being the way I am I've always aimed to make really good robots even tho being my first ones. So after about 4-5 total rebuilds i finished my Antweight flipper named Bounce (unless its taken ofc).

And it currently looks like this:

Its made a while back but the specs are as follows:
    General construction: 0.75mm macrolon (could be 0,5 or 1mm, cant remember)
    Drive: 2 polulo HP motors
    Esc: 2 botbitz EScheap 10amp
    Flipper servo: HPX Park BB (something like that)
    Battery: Gravity 250mAh 7,4v Lipo
    Notes: 6V voltage regulator after the schematics someone on robotwars101 posted i believe

My other Ant is an attempt on a invertible tracked pushing robot, no name yet and I've only made the basics:

Same general macrolon + 5mm hdpe
    Drive: Cheap chinese 50:1 motors
    Scoop / wedge: 1mm titanium
    Esc: Got 2 old botbitz EScheap 6amp but not sure yet, might go into my first Beetle

I did make an early version of a FW many many years ago but it's not alive anymore so I'm building a new and Improved one, sort of.
    Learning from my mistake with the Ant to try and make a championship robot, this one might not even be a competitive robot at all! I will first and foremost use this as an starting platform to test weapons / learn to drive / break parts and replace / shovel snow? yeah you get where im going with this.

Anyways its going to be a 4wd one from cheap drills, we havn't got Argos here but the equivalent.
    Not sure my 2x25A sabertooth will hold up for 4wd, and i do want to order a couple of the TZ85's but they're out of stock atm. Anyways heres the pic:

And seeing as Beetles seem to ahve become really popular of course I'm starting one aswell!
    I was smart enough to buy 2 of the 1000rpm 12v motors a few years back and some other stuff:

And today my candy from hobbyking arrived aswell!

TLDNR: I've been here since way back, starting a few projects and making a new build diary to crit you with wall of texts like this

Just use roughly the same sized wire that's already on the ESC.

Register To Comment