Register To Comment
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Team Gas Diary's

Will try and get a pic Dave but the electronics unit is the rx and the arduino onto a circuit board with the mosfet driven relays. The arduino is fine but the rx is sliding off its pins. So its mainly a cable tie or glue gun kind of job.
    Yeah the speedos are the 85a's. I did some research and knew that they should do fine. Had an interesting chat with Gary from team saint and it might be a consideration to create a heavy with 4 E30s and 4 85a speedos. I do however have a wotty just lying about so should plan something around that.
    And finally cheers Chris

Ahh I see! I've heard that the Botbitz 85s are able to cope with a lot of amps going through them, I vaguely recall Nick (Overkill) mentioning he ran a Mag on one for a weapon... Think it might have been modified a little to only use one direction but still they're impressive! I'm planning to run my heavy on a pair in testing (wheelchair motors on 6s) just to see how they get on! Mainly because I have some, but also because the 'proper' heavy ESCs are a bit out of my budget at present haha

It works suprisingly well, in fact here's a 6S wheelchair with TZ85's. AKA I ductaped my feather to a wheelchair.

I wasn't going fast when i sat on it as it was far too prone to throwing people off!

EDIT: I had disconnected the axe here, don't worry. :P

TZ85's are obscenely capable. If you feel really adventurous they actually have space for 1 more FET per channel you could add for another +~25A continous.
    Last edited by Shakey; 12th March 2015 at 00:17.

That's not bad at all! Fills me with plenty of confidence haha. I know they're pretty beefy to say the least, one of mine took a stalled Speed 900 for the best part of 20 seconds last year and only got mildly warm! No idea what sort of amps those E30s draw though, which is why I wondered whether Spartan had TZ85s or something a bit bigger!

Woops, forgot to specify but what I use are the E30 150's not the 400's. There is a considerable difference in amperage though I think the TZ85a could still handle an E30 400.

Register To Comment