Register To Comment
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Microbots Build Diary

Getting ready for a lot more stuff to come, expect to be thrown from the arena in next years UK FW Champs!

Skyfall
    Skyfall is under major redesign and is going back into the shed at the end of the year for a complete rebuild, but same basic concept and same pneumatics, but I think Speed 900s in the middle of the robot, so it will be able to turn without difficulty:

More pics of the CAD here.
    In the mean time, as the old 12v drills have now conked out, I will be fitting a pair of 9.6v Gimsons for the time being, which will eventually be used in new Metalbeak, a crusher with a hefty Gimsons Linear Actuator to power the claw.

Antomic
    With the approach of AWS 39, I will be building a new ant which I have bought all of the parts for now:
    2 x Pololu 50:1 HP Motors
    2 x Fingertech TinyESC v2s (expensive!)
    1 x KST DS125MG Wing Servo with 7kg/cm of torque... Will be fun to see robots lifted with such ease, the 3.5kg/cm I have in Anti-Gravity 3 right now is enough to lift ants easily at full power.
    1 x 6v NiMH
    1 x Minima 6E RX
    The armour will be a type of Aluminium Alloy that I can't for the life of me think of the name of that weighs the same as normal aluminium but is a lot stronger. I have shed loads of it, so no need to buy that, but I want to get the parts before designing a body because of the size limit.

Prometheus
    A brushless spinner concept based on 259 that I hope to have working by AWS 39, but I highly doubt it what with Skyfall, Antomic, and of course, school work (going into Yr. 11 'aint easy!). But I still hope to be shredding coke cans by the end of the year with a 10,000 rpm spinning flywheel powered by a Scorpion 2205-36 Brushless Motor at 6v.

Project X
    Not forgetting of course the newest addition to the team, the transmitter problems are all sorted now so it should drive perfectly. As far as I know, it's the only robot using six independent Gimson motors to provide ultimate pushing power, but if you know otherwise, say. It will remain unchanged for a long time, as it works perfectly and as far as I know has very few minor flaws that will hardly ever put it in danger. The 40mm HDPE bulkheads on each side and in the centre of the robot are, I believe, unbreakable by Featherweights, but the scoops are so bendy that I really need new ones!

I went all out on the diagram of Skyfall, so perhaps it can be used as a basic pneumatic FW guide:
    Last edited by Revsmin; 9th April 2013 at 20:41.

I imagine you already know this but a 15A electronize won't be enough for a speed 900.
    Apart from that looks very good, sounds like you are going to be busy for a while!

Looking forward to it all, mate. :)

Is this one also going to be as long as an Oil Tanker?

No:

Because the motors will be at the sides, and not at the back, I can shorten the back end by 6cm, and since the original body (exc. wheels) was 53cm, it's now only 47cm. The main box section of the robot is also smaller, a width of 20cm as opposed to 29cm.

Something similar to this might work:

About €10 for the cheapest anglegrinders I can find.

That gives you a full gearbox.

Register To Comment