Register To Comment
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Psyclone: The Uprising (Of Build Diaries)

Well, I've managed to come full circle, and get back into the Robotic Community. It's been quite a while since I last competed, with the lack of funds to get anywhere, really. So, the old, big feather chassis I bought off eBay will soon be put to use.
    Well, as soon as I have the parts, money, space, and a non-broken father to help me. Basically, he fell on some ice, and smashed his collar bone. Not pleasant.

I don't have any on me at the moment. Considering it's literally still as it was bought (I've been focusing on PCs lately) So I'll see if I can dig up the old thread, which has the original pics.

EDIT: Here's the two 'Working' Robots, in their preserved state: http://s1170.photobucket.com/user/TheDe ... ry/?page=1

And here's the newest one, as seen in the eBay photo:
    http://i.imgur.com/fu399vU.jpg

I'd love to get some armor on it, but money is quite a problem, so it's going to be saving quite a bit of pocket money

Probably keep the idea of a motorized lifter, but maybe invest into a Linear Actuator. I do, under any circumstance, attempt to attack a Behemoth-Style scoop to the front of it. Either that, or re-shape the body so that the entire top plate would be on an angle, or the flipper itself. It utilizes the full bar that way. I will be rid of that rusty end, or make a new bar if necessary.

As probably guessed, I will have to make it smaller, with it seemingly being overly large, so the second, motor flipper/lifter will come into play.

So, I've had some good news. The back porch will have a load of rubbish removed, and the extra walls taken down, so later in this year, I'll have a dedicated building space. A bit better than my bedroom carpet, I must say. It should be started when the snow and cold clears up. (If at all)

Apologies to triple post, but as there's not been any recent post, I thought I may as well show basically what I want to do with the robot.

The black lines are already what's there, the red lines are how I'd like to shape the shell, and the blue is the motor of the lifter/flipper, may be changed to a Linear Actuator.

After a long night, and a painstakingly long morning, I've finished the 3D models of the robot, and taken a couple of screenshots of the idea above, in fleshed out glory. I will upload the model of the other one, pictures or the actual Google Sketchup file itself, if anyone wants me to. There's been planned out space for electronics on paper, but I'm too tired at the moment to attempt to put models of motors, linear actuators and such in.

Hopefully, I'll soon enough be able to actually start the build, but I'm still saving and waiting for a workplace. Bloody weather

Edit: I forgot to put the photobucket link in :/
    Anyway, here it is: http://s1170.photobucket.com/user/TheDe ... %20Feather

Good work, the design looks simple,neat and effective - there's one thing I'd like to point out tho, depending where you concentrate the weight ( and being a wedge most probably the weight will be at the back) you might end up with a tail heavy machine.

As for motors and similar parts to put in the design, have a look at the sketch up 3D warehouse, there are lots of things you can download.

I see your point. I'll have a quick mess around with the shape, maybe make it angle a slight bit in the middle, giving enough force to roll over, if on it's back. If it does end up going flat backed, I'll probably just put a few spike-type things on the back, and sides. It is intended to be a lifter, not sure if I want to go front or rear hinge. All I know at the moment is that cutting the original robot to these specs is going to be a pain.

Register To Comment