Register To Comment
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Pasty Build Diary: Loki

The easier option is to Make it so that the arm face is maybe 5-10mm behind the front armour when its retracted so it cant be hit, and you only fire it when it is not going to get ripped off... *hint hint*

I don't know what you mean Alex...

Although I'm pretty sure I just drove up into the disk rather than I tried to lift the air in front of Binky lol Pretty cool sparks though:

Quote Originally Posted by Flag Captured View Post
    You've got S900 drive on 4WD, is it belt-driven? I would assume so, but I thought I'd ask!
    The rear wheels will have gears and then belt drive to the front wheels.
    Last edited by ChrisKazoo; 23rd October 2014 at 19:11. Reason: formatting

Ziggy's flipper arm recesses into the frame and after seeing it up close & personal a few years ago, I can vouch that its very effective. Its probably not a popular idea, but have you considered going 2 wheel drive and using the spare weight on the flipper & armour?

Might ruin the design a little but it would probably be worth ditching the front wheels and having all the weight over the flipper where you want it?

I have considered just going two wheel drive and it doesn't effect the overall design really, quite easily just left out. I'm open to any ideas at the moment to get it in weight and be as effective as possible.

Also Nick I've taken a few stills and GIFs from my fights at the champs:

Got you hooked :P

Last edited by ChrisKazoo; 23rd October 2014 at 23:31.

Oops! I really didn't see that coming when I designed the roll-over hoops.

I was thinking that if you went 2WD, the front of the bot could be tapered in to save material and some parts could be put in the wheel wells where the belts used to run

Here is a photo of Ziggy, showing how the front wedge and the arm work together:

If you tapered the frame in at the front, you could add a Hardox wedge without adding too much weight.

I love how in both of those gifs Hatchet is sitting immobile in the corner , making the front similar to Ziggy sounds like a good idea though, just to give the arm that little extra protection.

Although a wedge infront of the flipper arm would protect the arm from spinners, most flippers seem to rely on the lip for most of their flips so it might lead to you not getting as many flipping oppertunities in fights.

Register To Comment