Register To Comment
Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Skipdiving Robotics

Looks good, just thinking, your battery and receiver are quite big and probably weigh quite a bit. There are a lot of other, lighter options available:

I use this receiver in Mini E: http://www.deltang.co.uk/rx36-2.jpg
    But you could easily get away with something like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Orange-Ora...item3a95230743

In terms of battery's, there's a host of small, reasonably priced lipo's out there. Just thought this might be helpful

PS: Not sure if you've already know about it or not, but there's this forum as well that focus's mainly on AW's and a lot of help and advice can be found there!
    Last edited by SamO; 22nd August 2014 at 17:31.

Just wanted to vent thoughts, as I said I would be at events and haven't been. I've spent the summer getting baby number 2 here ok, and finishing a degree I've been doing part time. It's been a busy year and summer, but baby is here and I got a 2-1 FTW. I've now turned my attention back to robots after half heartedly abandoning things for six months but I suppose that's how it goes sometimes.

On the robot front I've built a feather called ruSt which is literally waiting for a competition oop norf. I have ordered an ant kit and have some pictures above. I'm waiting for some more stuff and am going to have an ant up and running before long. I've also been having different attempts at a heavy, and so far nothing has been successful. I was on the verge of selling up and admitting that the heavy class just wasn't for me, when my dad came through and has sorted out a box section and angle frame for me. The heavy will still be crude, (I imagine an invertible brick) but will run ok and be up to weight. The heavyweight class is where I aspire to be, so I'm planning on getting an ant running for my 5 yr old, doing some bits with the feather, and concentrating over winter on the heavy to get it to events in the new year.

I have running gear, sla's, tx and rx and charging stuff all put to one side. I'm making a link and LED this week with a wiring harness and so will just need to get the ESC together although I have an idea of what I'm going to do with that. People will tell me it won't work so want to try it first before I announce it. Thank you for reading, and I appreciate all the help I've been getting and for the patience everyone has with me and my daft questions.

Dave

That ant design looks very interesting indeed! Like like like......

Anyway just checking you knew about the 4 inch box rule, kinda assumed you do but always best to check The rest of the plans for the feather and heavy also look very promising. Oh, and good luck with the baby

Register To Comment