Register To Comment
Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Skipdiving Robotics

Nice pair of bongos. Got a similar set myself but haven't played them for a few years. Got a bongo cajon recently though that's pretty cool

Well another bit of an update, finished the beetle off. Bought some Botbitz and couldn't get them cabled and running right so have gone back to my old sabertooth that's showing it's age. If I'm still fighting in 2016 in the Beetles I'm going to buy another Sabertooth as it's taken a beating for 4 yrs in every robot I've built and has never let me down. Power with the Lipo is good although they are temperamental, no where near as robust as the Nimh packs but at quarter of the weight I can live with it. I own a 70's landrover and a mega old picasso and won't buy a new car till the current one hits 300k miles or so, so am really into things that will go the distance. Not really feeling it with these lipo's, can see these becoming a consumable item near enough. Have been umming and arring about the spinners for ages, decided I'd have a go at the champs with the best robot I can make by myself and see how it fares. If it comes home in bits again there will either need to be a spinner-less class or we are able to develop weapons / armour that snag or I may call time on it. The beetle thing has got me fighting most months this year it's been awesome but also the most expensive in terms of written off parts as every event has some sort of half kilo 15k contraption fighting there. Going to finish heavy off over christmas.

Have some pictures and video below, pretty much ready for the end of Nov really and not much else to report. Christmas is going to be sorting out heavy ready for spring to see if the EO's will let me go. Pictures to follow of the heavy once I've gotten a bit further and it looks half respectable.

As ever, thoughts welcome.

Pics and vid:

To be fair, Fhqwhgads 1 was a random 20mm piece of wood and 2mm hdpe and that stood up, it's more design than what materials you use* - this looks fairly spinner proof but I reckon that wood will get chewed up. Nothing's going to get through it though haha.

Maybe try and put some corner pieces on for extra strength?

Edit: also a bit of luck... But still
    Last edited by Flag Captured; 12th November 2015 at 17:09.

Looks great!

I agree with Matt, nothing's going to get through that wood, it'll make lovely sawdust when my 13k drum has a nibble though

When you say you couldn't get the botbitz to work right what did you mean?

What voltage lipo are you using and did you have both BECs connected at the same time?

Hey Dave!
    Spent an afternoon reading this thread and its fantastic to see how your ideas and skills have progressed! Plus, its been somewhat entertaining seeing bigger and faster machines whizzing across your kitchen only to see pics of the next day and the big holes and dents all over the place! But hey, thats why we do this i guess lol. Must say your latest offering looks great, keep up the good work! Hope the see you arena side sometime

Register To Comment