Register To Comment
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FW Electric hammer - Robo Challenge (no name yet)

Well the new motor has arrived from the states now

IMG_1943.jpg

The picture above show's the 11kw brushless motor (Align 800MX) along side the new Mag S28-150, or now known as AmpFlow A28-150 motor. As standard this is a 3hp motor on 24V, I'll be running 12s Lipo and doubling that voltage to get close to 9kw from it.

The first version will be made with the AmpFlow motor, as it keeps the electronics and mechanical side of things nice and simple (as far as it can be anyway!) and then once that's working I will be building the brushless version with more power. There's some complex clutches and various other considerations that I think will take quite alot of work and testing to get right so hence going with the brushed version to start with.

I'll getting CADing it up now

Just ordered the chain - It takes 3750kg before breaking, which I worked out the max force I'm putting on should be a fraction under 3200kg so hopefully it will be OK!

http://www.leafchain.com/leaf-chain-...rt/bl434-lh834

I've been working on the design for my new robot over the last week. Hopefully it will be ready to start machining in the next few days!
    There's a couple of changes from my original plans such as the change of 4wd with shaft drives to 2wd. I figured the extra weight wasn't worth it on a hammer robot with around 100kg of downforce from magnets! The wheels are aluminium with no tread.
    I've 3D printed a few of the main parts like the CAMs to make sure they run smoothly before machining in aluminium. I'll post more pics of that soon.

Axe.png

Ali wheels with no tread? I suppose with all that magnet downforce any rubber would be misshapen.

Don't you think the wheels will just spin due to all the force holding it in place by the magnets? I imagine you'd need lots of grip to overcome the force so it can move.
    But then again all that downforce could provide extra grip.
    Either way it looks cool!

think of a magnet on a fridge... easy to slide along but hard to pull off... the metal on metal contact is enough for forward momentum, putting rubber on it would just put huge strain on the motors during turning. Cad looks good btw Grant, see you tonight.

So, if there's nearly 100kg of downforce from the magnets, would that in theory mean it's practically flipper-proof? Or are FW flippers that powerful these days that they'd be able to throw 100kg?

Featherweights can often lift the side of a heavyweight up. I would expect that the flipper going underneath my robot would prize the magnets away from the floor slightly causing most of the downforce to go, and then be able to flip it fine. I'm not too sure until we try it though!

I hope to start machining it today/tomorrow got soooo much to do in less than 2 weeks.

Why 2 weeks ? Do you have a demo planned ?

Hannibalito 3 has a lifting power of 250 kg. Hannibalito 4 goes over 330 kg.

Register To Comment