Register To Comment
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Robot Wars: May 19th - Kingsway Leisure Centre - Widnes

I was an audience member: the oldest child there I suspect, and completely unsupervised!

Yeah, a good time was had by all. I would have offered help with packing-up but had a train to catch. Promise for next time.

A big thankyou to all the roboteers who attended this weekend, Another great Robot Wars event !!

Congratulations to Iron Awe who have now got one of our trophies, its great that there is a selection of winners this year, it shows how tight it is at the top !!

Work is already ongoing with Guildford and Newport, Guildford tickets are well on their way to selling out which is great as it is our flagship event of the year.

See you all in 4 weeks.

John
    Robot Wars

As always a big thanks to all at Robot Wars for a great weekend. So good to meet up with all the gang. Well done to Iron Awe team.
    Had a fun Saturday Evening thanks guys.
    The team robots did well.
    Cherub is going ok needs just a few mods then should done.
    Saint threw a chain but other than that worked very well.
    Tron was boringly reliable shame about the driver,
    Seraph has started this cutting out for no good reason again may change the speed controller for a different type.
    Kettlebot won the cute award. (if there was such a thing)

And I officially want a huge titanium broadsword for no good reason other than (I quote) Who wouldn't?

Pending a proper diary look, I should be able to make Newport. Free VIP and I'll come down for both days and be roadie for you start-finish. It's dead easy from Shrewsbury.

Roboteer

Thanks once again to Jonno and the crew for another great weekend.Congratulations to Rob on his victory with Iron Awe 5, back to his best once again.

A really good social once again on Saturday night,top company at the meal table. TR2 is still slowly improving event by event and was very reliable this weekend. A few ideas on what to improve next so really looking forward to Guildford in 4 weeks.

See you all again soon.

Team Toon

Thanks everyone for another fun weekend. Well done to Rob and IA5 for a well deserved win! Definitely back on form!

Maelstrom did pretty well, looks like most of the weld on the scoop have broken which wont have helped us in the final but it is easy to fix.

Looking forward to Guildford as it will finally see the debut of Manta (I really do mean it this time :P)

Thanks to Jonno and everyone else for another great event. Well done to Rob and Gilbert for winning with Iron Awe 5. Also a massive thanks to Clive, Wendy and Alex for all the effort you went to for my birthday

Was a bit of a nightmare for Eruption. The flipper trigger broke in the first show for the first time which forced us to use the old software (the original chip without all the bugs fixed) so it wasn't working as well as normal. Also, although the flipper does still look relatively unharmed when down, since unpacking we've realised that two fights with Thor has resulted in several cracks in the strengthening underneath.

See you all at Guildford

Register To Comment