3 10.00%
  • Yes,but with a redeveloped format

21 70.00%
  • No, it's had its time

6 20.00%
Register To Comment
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What next for Robot Wars & bringing it back

What killed it in the Netherlands is BNN kept messing with the showtimes and dates so in the end no one including the competitors knew when the show was on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by leorcc View Post
    What killed it in the Netherlands is BNN kept messing with the showtimes and dates so in the end no one including the competitors knew when the show was on TV.
    Similar story to the UK but with a twist. We always knew when it was on & it always clashed with Coronation Street, the UK's most popular serial drama.

Same story with Doctor Who. Sylvester McCoy was scheduled against Coronation Street.

Not a tactic that works anymore. On demand views also count for advertising revenue therefore scheduling is less important to advertisers. Plus ratings also count their +1 channels.

I have to say there is perhaps mileage in filming the raw material of the fights with broadcast quality cameras as every fight is unique and having good quality coverage of the fights has to be an asset that could be sold in the future.

I am sure the broadcast quality cameras are expensive but not as expensive to buy or hire as they were 12 years ago. Lighting would have to be increased but i am sure the lighting people would be able to adjust this. (speaking as an old man I could do with a bit more light in the arena anyway!!)

I am not saying the video footage has much commercial value at the moment, what I am saying is it could have in the future.
    If Robot Wars goes back on TV the raw footage could be sold to the public as robot wars the early years, or even made into specials to be shown on any media. these can be edited into different formats, documentaries following the robot movement, or particular types of robots, or teams, or how things happened through the year or years or at particular venues, the list goes on!

The bottom line is the shows happen anyway so why not record them as best as you can?

Spectral? Relating to a ghost or derived from a spectrum?

Register To Comment