Register To Comment
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Team Shakey - Axebot

Need to put up a photo of the tidy wiring :L

Quote Originally Posted by daveimi View Post
    Like this Which voltage do you run the axe on? I'm not very good at working out LiPo voltages...
    6 cell so at the start of a fight it'll be 25.2V (About 24V at the end). Quite overvolted and the S900 is always quite warm at the end of the bout. The drive is only allowed 60% power right now to stop it dying under the overvolt.

I'm currently trying to think of something I can do to make a heavy out of this:

Anyone got any ideas?

I also started on a small ant arena aswell for lugging around to uni for testing and maybe smaller meetups with a few people. It's not huge by any means but just enough 2 ants can get a decent fight in. I'll also be doing a few things to stop it being so easy to 'pit' opponents. I'm going to use captive nuts to make putting it together and taking it apart easy. The screws are all countersunk and the top sanded so no ants can catch on them either. It stores quite nicely aswell which is going to be handy

I also have a few windscreen wiper motors and a powerful bosch seat motor setup with a gear I might be able to use for a good 4 bar lifter.

I finished my testing arena It's just big enough for 2 or 3 ants to have a rumble but the obstacles and layout should make fights more interesting. For a start the two ants don't start with a straight line to each other and there is minimal dropoff. The arena benefits flippers, grabbers and spinners really. It's a full polycarbonate front and lid too!

Start positions:

And Gimlis new steel gear to replace the ali one arrived. The ali gear is completely wrecked from the axe firing expecially after I finally ironed out all the bugs and got full power. I missed one of the targets during testing and it cracked a concrete slab.... Just need to get hold of a lathe and machine it right then Gimli should be quite a good bot to have fun with! I've just got to make sure that Gimli and Spur 1 are ready for their 2 events in september.

Going to be heavy, that steel gear.

I've already decided where I can save the weight. But it was a choice between no axe or a working slightly heavier axe.

So I can't remember if I posted this but I have retired my axe Feather Gimli for now until I can properly sort out the drive. The unreliability is far too great and it was just stressful and not fun to fight with.

I am building an electric flipper (fast lifter) replacement but in the mean time have spruced up old reliable Spur 1.

I sorted out the wiring and switched from electronize to TZ85's (A ESC switch to increase reliability). I am going to add side armour, scoop and some ramming spikes tomorrow.

All the electronics are shock mounted on the strip of polycarbonate suspended in the middle of the robot aswell to help stop those pesky connectors coming loose.

Spur is a pretty fun drive, quite fast and a good pusher. While active weapons are fun the simple fact it just works means it is far more fun to fight than Gimli, no having to constantly think about keeping the drive motors cool.
    Last edited by Shakey; 7th January 2015 at 22:38.

It already has 2 TZ85's tucked underneath the battery!

Register To Comment