Register To Comment
Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Saint Robot Builds

I really love how this is coming along.

Quote Originally Posted by Anttazz View Post
    Reckon its the best way to do it and definitely counts as a walker in my opinion (but then so should a lot of other mechanisms), otherwise we're going to make it so complicated that its beyond the reach of everyone and essentially make all robots the same. Really love the design of this.
    I think they're already passed that point to be honest.

Some pictures below of progress so far.

as you can see the legs are being assembled on the one side and the test rig will be stripped and useful bits transferred to the robot chassis. I still have ons leg to cut out.

IMG_2092.jpg

this gives a view of the basic size of the walker next to (over) E-Knock.

IMG_2093.jpg

OK the question is how much pressure can a 1.25Ltr bottle of pop take before it goes, well POP!!

IMG_2095.jpg

IMG_2096.jpg

The system I'm using on the walker is very low pressure (sub 50psi) so to save weight and increase buffer storage I'm doing tests.

PLEASE NOTE
    I would not advise anyone doing this, without experience with safely using compressed gas!

Well if it's a competition and your doing it until it blows then I'm going for 185psi.

They're good for at least 50psi anyway as that's what Rex's Robot Challenge pneumatics ran drinks bottles on, and I took ours up to 75psi once (the silicone hose started to give out before the bottle).

How have you bonded the copper pipe to the bottle? That was always the weak link for me when doing the RRC stuff.

A guy over here used to reinforce the top of the bottle with epoxy and regularly got 120 PSI out of them.

You could boil it down and make sugar rockets with it.

I'm just using them at sub 50psi so they won't need certification under the FRA rules,

I have tried to pressurise them up to 100psi but only got to about 85psi with no problem at all (the compressor could not get much higher).

The way of fixing the copper pipe to the bottle was quite simple these bottles have an opening that is just a little smaller than the 22mm tube so with Gorilla glue or similar, I heated up the copper tube with a heat gun smeared glue inside the bottle opening and gently pushed the bottle over the copper tube and left the glue to set. they are not coming apart!

once you have a standard plumbing tube to connect to all kinds of unmodified fittings become available. I am thinking of having about 5-8 litres of storage for the weapon and the transmission. should be enough for a Feather.

Register To Comment