Register To Comment
Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast

Thread: Team Saint Robot Builds

They have the hub and a few different motor models here: http://www.ebay.com/sch/wingxine/m.h...1&_ipg=&_from=

OK just wondering what plugs you normally fit to the RoboteQ speed controllers I'm trying to go away from Anderson connectors but the wires are so big, EC5 connectors wont fit over the insulation, any advice I'm thinking of going for the EC 6.5 but they are so expensive. are there any reasonably priced suppliers?

thanks

When I had a RoboteQ many years ago, I used small battery lugs and home-made terminal blocks. The combination was less bulky than having a number of Anderson connectors and was very reliable. Nowadays, maybe the Hobbyking XT150 connectors would work.

Time for some work on Gabriel
    As you can see there is still plenty of wear left on the motor brushes the motors are now coming up to 2 years old and I think there is only just over 1mm wear on them so all good there I checked the commutator and that looks OK too
    IMG_2389.jpg

Some thing has gone through the sprocket! Probably bits of a robot I smashed up!
    I am changing the ratio for this season It was 36.3:1 now 33.3:1 This means the speed has gone up from about 12mph to 13mph these are real figures not fairyland over the rainbow down a cliff hope for figures. This means the sword will swing 180degrees in 0.25 seconds instead of 0.30 seconds or there about.

IMG_2390.jpg

I'm looking for a company that does plasma or water jet cutting (for armour steel) near me post code OX12 I have had a look on the net but nothing looks promising. or who do you use?

They aren't near, but if you need ease/speed, https://k-cut.co.uk/ are almost always next-day. Yes, they're a sponsor, but loads of builders use them - they're genuinely very good for robot stuff. 4, 5, 6, 8 and 10mm Hardox kept mostly ex-stock for cutting via waterjet.

email sent thanks Ellis.

or my sponsor;

wearpartsuk.co.uk

They stock all thickness hardox, armox, other brand wear steel etc, they made a lot of parts on carbide, cobalt, storm 2, ironside, house robots etc etc

They do mostly plasma cutting but also offer CNC milling of hardox etc

+1 for Mouldy's sponsor. I contacted them Monday morning to see if they could do a lot of Hardox parts cutting with a quick turnaround and they had it done by and posted out on Wednesday. Really friendly to speak to as well, the guy kept phoning me to give me updates on it. Had some stuff from K-Cut recently too. Plasma cut stuff does have a small radius on internal corners whereas the waterjet stuff is a bit sharper, but I found the general finish to be much nicer on the plasma stuff.

Register To Comment