Register To Comment
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Saint Robot Builds

weapon a toasting fork on the front or carving knife on an axe arm a bit like the Psycho the film.

The Kettle motors are powered by a Technobots speed controller the Sabertooth dual 12A, I use this with 2 GR01's in Gabriel. as long as you keep the volts down to the rated amount they have worked fine. They are over kill for the Kettle as it's motors don't draw that kind of current under stall conditions, but they seem good quality at a good price.
    I love the idea for the pressure cooker as that would make a good Full Body Spinner. also a mini safe, lets hope someone will make a few more.

Quote Originally Posted by Max
    That's really cool, you should have steam come out the spout.
    Try taking a safe steam generator out of a Thomas toy.

I found that with 10kgs of weight, 12v drills on 12v that the Sabertooth 12a's current limiting kicked in when you drove it hard, so you get a little stuttering.

Luckily the limiter resets quickly so it's not too noticeable but worth considering.

So far I haven't had any issues with the 12A unit but I would say if brute force was the main weapon then you are going to find the limits of the speed controller soon. If you have a 14.4v unit running at 12v you should not find too much problems as the current draw would be less than the specification for the motor. providing you don't get stall conditions you should be fine. Gabriel has a 4:1 reduction after the gearbox because the wheel diameter is a little under 400mm so the motors on Gabriel are driving the equivalent of 100mm diameter wheels. after a fight the speed controller is net even warm. But I do drive quite slowly both on the road and in the arena.

Done a bit more on the Kettle robot

In this image you can see the battery box with the battery retaining strap,
    on the left of the battery pack is the removable link position.

With the bottom level about finished, time to start the next level this is made from 6mm polycarbonate,
    I had the LED strip so I fitted the pretty lights, also the clamp position for the servo to operate the Kettle lid.

You are now looking inside the kettle. This doesn't look much but this hinge took a long time to get right,
    sometimes the simple things are the hardest to get right.

The link in position, cutting the hole for the link was not without problems but now it's done, so I'm happy.
    also I have used the old base, as the cradle.

I still have a few things to do, but to date I have really enjoyed making this little robot
    and would recommend anyone having a go.

Hahaha, that's an awesome idea.

Seems like a good idea I will look into it after I have sorted out the other bits.

Register To Comment