Register To Comment

Thread: Burkert 5404 or equivalent

In my struggle to build a heavyweight, I have come across a need/want for a Burkert.

Where can you get them from?

Oh and shock me with prices. Last price cost more than the machine to date for a single valve.

only use to be £79! You could look at using a low pressure system to fire a ball valve, might be cheaper (especially if u have sum of the bits) and can be a better performance.

Ed, that's the price I knew. I've got a steel chassis, a wheelchair speedo & 2 wheelchair motors converted to go kart wheels in the cost of that!

Alan. By Ball valve, I'm thinking of a dump valve with a lever. Are you suggesting turning the lever with something or are referring to another industrial valve?

Use something similar to a dump valve, probably 1/2inch BSP, then use a little low pressure ram to operate it. The Iron Awes, Ripper, MMMouse and a few others use, as do i on the arena flipper. Big Bother and Chaos 2 used this system, but instead of ball valves they use fire extinguisher valves.

I have build, in a far ago past, a valve based on the fire extinguisher valves.
    But to open them, I used a high power servo and a cam.

It worked, but it's larger and slower acting than a Burkert. And a high power servo like a Hitec BS805 ain't cheap.
    On the other hand, it removes the need for low pressure parts and in theory you could use the fire extinguisher handle of the main bottle. Just add the servo/cam when linking up and closing the hatches.

That is the simplest system I can imagine.

Register To Comment