Register To Comment

Thread: Attention, stolen robot electronics could come on Ebay soon.

Attention roboteers. If you come across a Robotpower Sidewinder esc on Ebay with a green anodized aluminium case please let me know. Green ones are very rare and chances are it is one of the two that were stolen from my van last night while in Belgium.

Also one of our DX6 transmitters in an aluminium case was stolen, a 200W Fusion power supply and 200W I-Power 6200 battery charger. Also there were 12 lipo 2S racing packs in the car, Turnigy Nanotech 6.0Ah, 5.8Ah, and 5.3Ah.

do you think they knew what they were stealing ?
    Let's hope they are thick enough to put bits on eBay then.

NO! how cruel can they get.
    could it be a rival roboteers or drunk idiot.
    maybe he just slung it in a bush and thaught it was rubish
    you have all our sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by archie2000
    NO! how cruel can they get.
    Timing couldn't be more perfect.
    could it be a rival roboteers or drunk idiot.
    The first bit sounds very very paranoid. Also, how many rival roboteers do you think there are in Belgium?
    Drunk idiot. Possible. But it must have been a few of those. And drunk idiots don't go breaking in a lot of cars in the same night. The amount of stuff taken out Leo's van was so that it would have been 3 or 4 people, otherwise it would have taken to long.

maybe he just slung it in a bush and thaught it was rubish
    Leo just described the obvious RC and robot parts. There was more gone. An trolly-toolbox and a Samsonite trolly-suitcase for example

Also, they did fling a lot of stuff in the bushes. We retrieved the camping table, a big plastic bag full of computer related wires, an rather expensive toolbox filled with more RC stuff and so on.

hmm if the timing of them i presume you mean was perfect they were probarbly spies.
    think Leo Who would steal all that stuff?
    i take it you have already reported it to the police? a theft like that is deffinitley worthy of jailing someone.
    i will check eBay occasionally and look.
    that's enough to put you off a hobby though.
    i hope everything turns out good in the end.

Have you tried the local pawn shops?

These people are after quick money, not parts.

Doesn't exist in Belgium.

There is one, but that deals with rare and directly convertable stuff, not unknown electronics. That shop makes it a point not to accept electronics.
    For example a ‚1500 TV is worth ‚500 next month.

Register To Comment