Register To Comment
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Scot-Bots

It would be good to keep the gentleman tackle references to a minimum when dealing with educational bots

Also, you can take the robot out of Scotland, but you cant take Scotland out of the robot, the adverse effects of alcoholism will already have set in by then :wink:

Notice Jamie hasn't posted the ScotBots highlights video on here anywhere, so here it is for all to enjoy! I'm currently trying to get the UK HW Champs weekend off of work so with any luck we'll be making a rare appearance at an actual event!

Hope you don't mind me uploading your work Jamie

Not a problem Tony. I meant to do it last night but only remembered when my laptop was shutting down and I was looking forward to bed

Yeah if we make it along to the UK Championships, MoBot and Usain Bot will be accompanying us. We want to throw them in whiteboards to see how they stand up to the onslaught. And in relation to the audience engagement thread, they'll be a good basic robot to talk audience members through, and their shiny LEDs will attract attention no doubt!

Where did you get the leds from, the ones i bought kept breaking :sad:

GiantShark. Use white ones for lighting in my shed too and haven't had any problems so far.

So the Scot-Bots made an appearance at the UK Heavyweight Championships and were put through their paces. Well, Usain Bot was but MoBot contracted a spontaneous ESC issue on the bench before the first show so missed out. It did mean though that we could have its lights on all the time which was good for drawing attention during the audience engagement sections of the show.

Usain Bot made it through the whiteboards without any major issues. A couple of small things popped up as needing rectified, but this is what the testing period is meant to highlight.
    Any whiteboards that the kit didn't finish were due to either being pitted, flipped out or having the link pulled out, all of which are common occurrences and can happen to any robot, so overall we're happy with their performance. Had to do almost zero maintenance to them during the event as well which made things nice and relaxed.
    There is no concrete date yet as to when they'll be on sale, but I'm hoping sometime early in the new year.

Started work on the arena walls today. Maximum configuration will be 3.6m x 4.8m, so a tad smaller than the Robo Challenge arena which is (I think) 4m x 5m.
    Next weekend I'll be drilling all the bolt-holes and making up a jig for welding them together, then hopefully get them welded the weekend after that.

[attachment=1:t94csqjn]P1000202.jpg[/attachment:t94csqjn]

[attachment=0:t94csqjn]P1000209.jpg[/attachment:t94csqjn]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looking good!

After a couple of days spent welding all the arena walls and cutting the polycarb for them, I have a new level of respect for Jonno, Alan, James and Grant now. I was absolutely knackered yesterday and our arena is only a fraction of the size of their ones. Still got lots to do on it, but should be all ready for the 30th of November when Scot-Bots will be part of the Christmas Fayre activities at a primary school in Glasgow.

The arena is modular and can be set up in any size configuration in 1.2m increments up to the maximum. In its smallest setup, it seems to make quite a nicely sized beetleweight arena, so I may look in to sorting out some sort of roof attachment in the future...

[attachment=0:2h52tiuf]P1000309.JPG[/attachment:2h52tiuf]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Register To Comment