Register To Comment
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Scot-Bots

Are you using the 25a or 85a botbitz?

I know Tony bought some 25a versions a while ago, and for a single drill each 85a would be overkill.

Thanks for the info by the way!

I'm using 85a botbitz on drill motors on a wood bot that weighs 8kg or under.
    overkill or what?

We could do with these for our robotics society at uni. Easy to build, fairly low cost, safe, strong... will they be for sale any time soon?

Max: 25A controllers

Ellis: I bought some 25A ones to trial them on Cicatrix, currently awaiting one of them reaching Steve back as Aus as one of them doesn't work . They are the same controllers Jamie has, but he just has another supply of them. Although, the ones I have will probably end up in a kit too as strangely Cicatrix is behaving itself with the XXL for a change so better not touch anything

Archie: Can't hurt to be safe, and it gives you the opperchancity to use them in a more powerful machine.

Alex: That'd be up to Jamie, there are a few revisions that I know he is making to the design before putting them on sale, that and its difficult trying to include the possibility of the upgrades in the kit befoe we have actually designed the upgrades themselves .

That being said, I don't see him turning down an order for the first ScotBots to roll off the production line, and who would have known that they'd be going down south!

We could call them Bris-Bots :-)

isn't a bris the ceremony when a jewish boy has his fore skin chopped off?

I have no idea, if it is then we definitely wont be calling the robots that! Thanks for the heads up!

just had a check, yup that's what it's called

Lets go with Bristolbots... not as original but far more savory

Register To Comment