Register To Comment
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Diablo mk1 upgrades

Bought this from Dave / Tom

Will be upgrading it over a few weeks, might just change the speedos for ones with breaking built in (brushless) to stop it over steering, as its un driveable at the moment due to crazy amounts of over steer.... got some whyachi motors that would fit in if i can be bothered...

currently weighs 13.2kg at the moment with gas... 1kg of that is in NIMH's... Needs some lipo... then maybe some hardox on the front.

nice robot that davindra

Base and bulkheads cut and cleaned;

Whyachi motors and gearboxes ready to get bolted in, there in the centre of balance of the robot;

Lipo box and hacked brushless escs;

nice balancing skills...........nice robot..............nice carpet

Done a bit today, got the whyachi motors mounted, just need to get some bits of keyway and wire it up, then its good for a test drive...

Also started on beefing up the armour;

with all the hardox on the front, new motors, lipos, brushless escs etc its coming in 300g under weight with gas... should be enough to sort out fixings for the new armour.

Also, anyone know the equivilent weight of 3mm aluminium in HDPE?

Im guessing around half... so if i ditched the 3mm ali armour i could go for some 6mm hdpe... need something LH isnt going to just make look crap within 2 seconds.

Also... might ditch the cut out in the front plate... i thought it'd look cool, but it kinda makes the robot look like count duckula....

Closer to 1:2.75 for aluminium:HDPE thickness ratio for the same mass

I thought the front plate was an M for Mouldy

Register To Comment