Register To Comment
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Eventorizon: Build Diary

Yes, its has circlips top and bottom. So the 1/2bsp would go in the side and like I said before a small hole in the base?

I am going to try replacing the ram rod as I am certain that the one it comes with wont be able to take the forces. I will try Titanium as the same diameter and if that bends I will have to get it on the lathe and makes a 12mm or 16mm one.

No, I'd put a 1/2bsp at the base and put a QEV there. The other port I'd plug it off as you won't need it, if you use a QEV with a 5/2 valve then the 1/2 base port is all you need...it acts as a dump as well ( via the 5/2valve)
    The top port you would need to enlarge to reduce back pressure.
    (I had posted a couple of schematics on a thread somewhere)

What's the diameter of the rod? I'd guess is about 20mm steel - not going to bend that easy... on mine I replaced it with an aluminium one to save weight!

EDIT: Ermm, actually you do need the other port as a dump (sorry my mistake! )
    Last edited by Liftoff; 18th May 2014 at 13:24.

Might seem stupid asking this, but why does the time on the graph go up to 700 seconds. Surely a fight would only last 180 seconds

New bot looks good btw

Because that is the total length of time that it has been recording over since I got it and I have not reset it. None of the fights lasted anywhere near 180 seconds. Each thick vertical line indicates when the ESC was switched off.

The current readings from the Castle ESC may not be accurate - I have been testing Mr Mangle's beater spin-up with a Castle ICE 160 HV ESC and monitoring it with an Eagletree data logger and a clamp ammeter. For some reason, the ESC is reporting much higher currents than the data logger or the ammeter, which broadly agree with each other.

How far out was the logger at peak currents nick?

I thought 253A was far to high, it has a built in trip at 220A. Any chance of working out if its a ratio or scale?

Without digging out the data file, the Castle ESC was at least 50A higher than the other instruments. The meter and the Eagletree use dedicated hall effect current sensors that the ESC does not - I'm guessing the ESC measures the voltage drop across the FETs and doesn't get it right at the extremes. The ESC and the Eagletree logged the voltage almost identically.

Need a reality check here. I am trying to calculate the bite I should set on Conker 3's new weapon and this is what I have.

Motor KV rating: 1083rpm, Max Voltage: 4.2v*4 = 16.8v, Speed: ~18'200 rpm, with 16:1 gearbox, Shaft speed 1137.5rpm, Wheel Dia: 73mm = ~4.34m/s

Weapon Speed: 11'000 rpm. (Taken from the data-logging on the original weapon)

4.34m/s > 260.4m/min > 260400mm/min / 11'000 = 23.67mm for 1 revolution.

If all that is right then the maximum bite of the weapon should be ~23.5mm. After this bite can only be less as the voltage drops and the maximum speed of the machine decreases.

Can anyone see a problem with that?

Register To Comment