Register To Comment
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast

Thread: Team Eventorizon: Build Diary

Quote Originally Posted by PJ-27 View Post
    Plastics can always retain water, try drying it out, might help a bit.
    Its lived in our back room next to the radiator for the past 6 months so I doubt it.
    Last edited by Eventorizon; 12th January 2015 at 15:19.

I looked up HDPE and it is said to not adsorb water at all, one of the reasons it is used for chopping blocks and food containers.

Its Nylon 66, not HDPE. That was one of my annoyance earlier, and no I won't actually put it on the boiler, even thought I doubt it would do anything to it since it only gets luke warm.

If you want a boiler to dry it out on, you're going to have to find a 20+ year old open-flued, old-school one. Modern ones are too efficient these days

You want to keep Nylon with the water in. It gets pretty brittle without! We leave nylon wheels in storage in a sealed bag with a small amount of water in the bottom.

Need some help with the Banebots P60 gearboxes.

I am trying to remove the main shaft from the front of the gearbox. I assumed it was a simple matter of removing the Circlip from the back and sliding it out but neither of them are budging, the move a few more mm and then stop.

Am I missing something or do I need to give them a tap with a hammer? I don't want to do that until I know that's what the need.

they should press/tap out... sounds like the circlip groove as burred over... tap it back into place, clean the shaft up with emery cloth then it should push out fine.

Thanks Dave. When you retapped the threads did you just go over the original 10-32 with an M5 Tap or did you need to pilot it out with a 4.5mm bit first?

the drill for an m5 tap is 4.2mm
    or 4.65 i think it is for a roll tap

Register To Comment