Register To Comment
Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Team MedBots

2 Bosch 400 @12V is 80A nominal and about 200A stall.

A 3 or 4S LiPo 8000mAh 30C will do nicely.
    And for about £40 @ Hobbyking you can't go that wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by maddox10 View Post
    2 Bosch 400 @12V is 80A nominal and about 200A stall.
    That's overall right, not 80A nominal per side?
    I also think if I go lipo I will get 2/3 lipos around 4000mah that way I can wire them in parallel so have 3 times the wires so hopefully they won't get too hot.

Just tested it with a 12v car battery and it doesn't seem to do anything at all, the connector doesn't spark at all when connected unlike when the other SLA is used. I checked the battery and connector with a multi-meter and got a voltage so I'm stumped why it doesn't work. Anyone any ideas?

If a SLA is "empty", it still can give V, but not A. Did you measure during and after linking up?

And of course, wires and connectors can come lose

Have finally managed to get the heavy driving! See video bellow:

It still cuts out from time to time, I think this is still the battery voltage dropping too low, I have another SLA so will charge them both up and put them in parallel and hope they can provide enough current without the voltage dropping too much.

They are bosch 400 motors running off 12v, they are a lot cheaper than the bosch 750s but not as powerful.
    They were custom gearboxes but where relatively simple to make but I did use a milling machine with a digital readout to drill the holes to ensure the hole spacing was correct. I think there is a video of just the gearboxes earlier in this thread.

Tried again with the pair of SLAs in parallel but it still kept cutting out
    Other than buying a set of lipos all I can think of is putting the batteries in series then setting the travel adjusts to 58% to give 14v so hopefully it won't drop so low the esc cuts out.
    Anyone got any other ideas?

I've got some NIH bot packs for sale, 3 x 24v, 3000mAh packs if you're interested.

Register To Comment