Register To Comment
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread: Team MedBots

Depends on type of 3/2 valve. Normal low pressure valves can be used in reverse.

No, I don't know on any affordable, light 3/2 valves that can handle FP gas.

Hey,
    Haven't had any progress in a long time as I've been really busy with Uni, but I'm going to try my best to make some progress on my featherweight drumbot to get it finished.

Had a question about the Red Brick ESCs, so a small per usual I'be made the robot a bit too small and there's not much space for all the electronics, just wondering if anything can be done about the big capacitor sticking out of the end of the red brick, has anyone attempted to remove it? Is it needed for our application, and if so has anyone tried to move it to somewhere else in the system?

Big capacitors between the battery leads are usually to prevent some kind of excessive change in current I believe, or to smooth input. The circuit might work without, but probably less reliably, or it might break more easily.

I've found myself with a bit of spare time so have gone and entered my drumbot into the DRG FACTS event, now I've just got the small matter of finishing the robot!

I'm trying to work out how to run power from the brushless to the drum, unfortunately I've left myself with no way of getting a 'closed' belt like a timing belt on there so need a belt that comes split and can be joined in-situ. The best option I've found is polyurethane round belts like these: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Orange-Sm...8AAOSwkShY9oGn

But I'm not sure how many/what diameter to use, has anyone with experience with these belts got any suggestions? I was thinking maybe 3no. 5mm diameter belts?

Can't comment in the drum drive, but I've used split fan belts on cars before now, but only ever as a roadside repair, that said I don't see why they wouldn't work so long as you can tension it properly.

Is there no way you could remove the drum to fit a belt? Personally I'd feel better entering an arena with a one piece belt, but I'm and ardent over-engineerer(erer) ha
    Last edited by Retroman; 9th September 2018 at 00:42. Reason: Splling/autocorrect

Register To Comment