Register To Comment
Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Team MedBots

Hi,
    With the champs coming up I have started my last minute panic so instead of starting lots of threads I'll put my questions here and if your lucky you may even get to see pics or even a video of my bots once I'm back from holiday!
    But first the questions;
    1) what rate can I charge a 12v Nicd 2200mah or 2400mah battery?
    2) can I charge 2 of said battery in parallel so I can change both batteries at once between fights?
    3) if I've got a 11.4 4000mah 25c lipo battery don you think I should use a 100A fuse or a 80A fuse (I'm using 2 drill motors and speed 900 replica)

7.8.3 Fusing A fuse rated below the maximum burst discharge of the battery must be fitted.
    Find out what your battery outputs and get a fuse below that.

if the fuse blows your robots dead
    make sure it's well protected.

with the bateries i think you can only charge in series and that depends on if your charger can cope with that many cells

for charging i would charge between fights at maybe 2amps the higher the number the the faster the pack will charge but continous fast charging isn't good for the long term health of the battery when at home i would do a discharge charge cycle at much lower figures

I've spent the last 2 days in a metal workers working on centrifuge and have just spent 4 hours trying to do the wiring this morning but still not finished, this is going to be tight or the champs and I still gt to finish of. Invictus

Somebody tell me the £25 transmitter from giantcod failsafes! Do I need an external failsafe?

Quote Originally Posted by Max
    Hi,
    1) what rate can I charge a 12v Nicd 2200mah or 2400mah battery?
    Depends on the quality of the pack. but 0.5C (1.1 or 1.2A) seems safe enough.
    2) can I charge 2 of said battery in parallel so I can change both batteries at once between fights?
    Preferably not. Also, with the pricetag of a charger these days, why bother?

3) if I've got a 11.4 4000mah 25c lipo battery don you think I should use a 100A fuse or a 80A fuse (I'm using 2 drill motors and speed 900 replica)
    4000mAh * 25= 100 000 mAh= 100A. That is what the rules say, so it seems good enough for me. Also, it would surprise me that the LiPo pack has a burst of 25C.

Quote Originally Posted by Max
    Somebody tell me the £25 transmitter from giantcod failsafes! Do I need an external failsafe?
    From what I remember, it doesn't technically failsafe. It does output zero signal when you turn the transmitter off though, so you can use external failsafes. If you're using Electronize controllers, some have them built-in. If not, I'm pretty sure I've got a few failsafes with me that I'm not using so I could probably lend you any if needed.

I've been trying to diagnose the problems we had at the champs, I've found that the magnets in the speed 900 replica in centrifuge had shattered, does anyone know a way I can rescue them because I can't even figure out how to open them? I called electronize and they said that most probably one of the relays has blown in my esc but said they would fix it free of charge (apart from postage) which I thought was great seeing as it came with a note when I bought it saying it would cost £20 to have them fixed! But I can't figure out what has happened to the real speed 900 in invictus. It is not spinning at all. I've checked the relay is working, there is a current going through the motor and a voltage. I guess it's burnt out but I'm not sure why can anyone confirm? Again if anyone know what I can do to mend it, it would be great as that will be £36 to replace!

Annoyingly I've realised the reason the spare motor I was given didn't fit in centrifuge was just down to the mount being put othe wrong way round so it most probably. Would have worked but I would be very limited with my steering as the relay in the electronize had broken.

Any help or advise will be greatly appreciated!

On the real speed 900 the 2 terminals don't conduct between the 2 of them if you understand

Register To Comment