Register To Comment
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Near Chaos Robotics

That last link shows a significant taper for regular services. Surprisingly marked. Likely to be problematic in my case.

Well, that changes things, and likely not for the cheaper! Thanks for the response and links. May have just made a decision for me.

Looks really cool, what size are those wheels, and do you have any pictures of the internals, looks very compact!

It's got 8" wheels (http://www.robotmarketplace.com/products/NPC-PT318.html)

I'll take a few internal pictures tonight and post them. Not a ton to see as it's just three esc's, (weapon one is permanently installed) a power switch, rx, battery, and battery padding.

Here's an internal shot, it's very tightly packed-

First test video with a placeholder attachment to avoid damaging the floor:

That has to be one of the best overhead thwacky bots ever! Cool! It's going to be nuts with the chainsaw if it's anything like as twitchy as that. How will the heavier weapons affect the rapid swinging?

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis View Post
    That has to be one of the best overhead thwacky bots ever! Cool! It's going to be nuts with the chainsaw if it's anything like as twitchy as that. How will the heavier weapons affect the rapid swinging?
    It'll probably slow it down a bit, but seeing as without a weapon the chassis is weighted such that the bot stands vertical and it's only got 8lbs for the weapon system, it should still work pretty well.

Still have to make the legs/feet for both configurations, but the weapons are coming along well-

Register To Comment