Register To Comment
Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: scruffy

lol im just hoping it will hold up to all the spinners,im using 3mm t6 aluminium for the main armour

also just weighed it without the top plate,scoop etc and its 1.34kg looks like it will have to go on a diet and might end up as a ram bot, might look into lighter servos
    Last edited by plargen; 10th November 2013 at 16:10.

might have to try that

but i can cut back at some of the internal material and the front and rear panels have to be trimmed on the top and bottom corners, im also changing my servo mount for something lighter and tve check the weight of the nightfury style scoop and that's allot lighter than i thought it would be, so i might even manage a few spikes mainly i want 2 more at the back 2-4 at the front and another 1 on each side in the middle just need to work out where to put the removable link and led, pitty we can use a switch

had a minor issue when testing the servo, when i use it the hole robot lunged backwards so i tested it with another tx/rx and it was even worse so i then checked it against an old servo i had and it seamed fine so ive ordered a a different high torque servo to try out

anyway not got much done added extra spikes and put the 15mm spikes on the back

ive also started to make a front lifting scoop but i dont think it will stand up to much so will probably make something out of steel

the plan is to paint it green and maybe fir a red led between the wheels on each side, since its night fury esk i might stick with the names from the movie how to train your dragon and call it the terrible terror or maybe something like midge fury unless anyone can think of something that sounds better lol

Love the bling-bling wheels

got round to doing a test drive

unfortunately couldn't shove a 13kg bot lol but managed a 1kg cat food box

Very good Can't wait to fight it !

did a bit more to the beetle

started to look at making it lighter as its already at 1.5kg, so will be drilling holes in a few places and trimming down edges to get enough weight back for a few extra bolts and bits, might also change the top panel for something thinner or some 3mm polycarbonate

Register To Comment