Register To Comment
Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast

Thread: scruffy

ok done a bit more to scruffy 3, just have to shape the scoop a bit and slope the sides then i can start making a different scoop design

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Masher View Post
    Mr Mangle will not be pleased!
    Its a fair call - Mr Mangle is over in Australia most of the year and until its finished it's upgrades, we don't really know how hard its going to hit. OTOH, it would be fun to have a grudge match at next year's Nats event...

I'm getting a little bored with all this building and no competing - if there is a larger UK event this year. I'd be booking a flight over real quick .

How often do you get to compete over there ?

Back in the day, we had eight local events a year and one or two larger interstate events. Nowadays, we are down to just one or two events each year

That sucks Because I'm very fond of Full Combat, I tend to go to Germany twice a year and occasionally Belgium and holland for spinner-friendly events.

Haha, going to Belgium for an event would be a disaster for me - too much much delicious beer to distract me! The problem with Australia is that its so large, under-populated and isolated. To get to our national event, I do a 2,000 km / 24 hour drive over a long weekend - not something you'd want to do that often.

ok started building some more BW so far im making a BW version of night fury fairly similar construction to glitch but will have 5mm aluminium armour

i was planning a 6wd with 3mm thick tool steel armour but as there is already a 6wd im now going for tracks using 4 motors to drive it

i havent really done much to scruffy 3 and im still toying with 2 ideas for night fury 2, just cant decide to stick with the original design but in thick hdpe of to make it more like like scruffy 2 with sloped sides 5mm steel and a few well placed reinforcements

ok thought i would make a BW spinner killer and here is is almost

the weapon will either be a 4 bar lifter or just a normal lifter (will need a bigger servo) it will quite happily push my other beetle weight side ways and the armour is 3mm tool steel

Register To Comment