Register To Comment
Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: scruffy

to put a taped thread into ally i just use a 2nd stage tap not really any different to normal, on the armour i used ally angle to brace the side

shapes the body a bit and made the lid

will need to loose 50g to get it under weight might have to change the lid for hdpe/polycarbonate

finally got the lifter fully working would just lift the side of 2.5kg box but had no problem with 1.5kg also planning to make a aluminium/titanium scoop which should be lighter than the steel one

Quote Originally Posted by daveimi View Post
    Wo how torquey does that look! Which servo is that?
    The servo is a cheap 12-15kgf one off ebay

On another note I have started work on the beetle version of scruffy, pics to follow when more is done

ok actually now done enough to beetle scruffy to make it worth posting

im using a sabertooth dual 5a and 2x 500rpm motors which don't seem very impressive, i tryed shoving a 1kg cat food box and it really struggled compared to the 4wd, might change to the same brand as the version in my 4wd as they seem a better quality

i have a 17kg torque servo which will run the lifter, at present im doing some cad to work out the armour
    Last edited by plargen; 14th December 2013 at 14:57.

the wheels are just RC 12mm hex 64mm diameter

will hopefully get some of the Armour sorted tomorrow

on another note im looking at reusing the old scruffy chassis to try out some motors and might make it a hammer/axe bot

Register To Comment