Register To Comment
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transmitters and recivers!

This is pretty decent comparison.

I love my dx6i but I would consider an orange one as a back up.

The Orange Tx is great; it is my main Tx. However once you add £35 shipping from the US on top of the £40 or so it costs (even more if you're caught by customs), the price comes to about the same. The full screen menu and back light are great for when you're trying to change settings when arming up at a show (It's usually very dark).

They can have weird issues though; mine doesn't bind to specific models, so if you select the wrong robot model it will still connect (has caused issues in the past). Alex has one which came with a dead transmitter module. This was swapped out but it doesn't record model names correctly, so you just have to guess which model your bot was bound to... It's very odd to get random firmware bugs like this given they must all be programmed from the same source code, but it seems to be the case.

Thanks again Rory, i ordered a couple! Im sure i can figure out how to set it up.. if not i know who to ask! not sure about the controller though, dont like the sound if the tech niggles you've had with the orange, might just play it safe and get the DX6i

I use the OrangeRX T6 and orangeRX R620 receiver in a few models, and the Turnigy TGY-i6 with Turnigy iA6 receiver in others. Should anything happen with the oranges, I'm swapping everything over to the Turnigy. I like their failsafe recovery and their menu system a lot more than OrangeRX/Spektrum/JR.

sorry to bump this, but do you think the OrangeRx T-SIX 2.4GHz DSM2 Compatible 6CH Transmitter would be compatible with the Lemon Rx DSM2 Compatible 6-Channel Receiver ive got? not sure i can afford the DX6i as there £80 on ebay atm...

Register To Comment