Register To Comment
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wheels for a cordless drill gear motor | Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by maddox10 View Post
    The guy in the DIY store doesn't have the backgroundf knowledge. And a M10 is close to a 3/8 UNF.
    So yes, it looks like the standard 3/8unf.
    Brilliant thank you! Any ideas on what I should look for nut wise?

Thanks a lot!

Will

i use these, however it isn't threaded all the way through

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/?iid=191818...&crdt=0&chn=ps

Quote Originally Posted by Roboteernat View Post
    there are 12mm bore ones which are the 125 and 100mm diameter wheels, the 80mm diametert wheels are 8mm bore - the 80mm are the ones from BIL. i made some nuts up from some hex silver steel and pressed them into a newly drilled hole bigger that 12mm, so as long as you have suitable wall thickness, you could make some up for your diameter - contact me if you would like some made up. will add pic when i find it on phone
    Is this the kind of thing you mean? **Link**

Was thinking if i can find a small enough bore then i could just screw it on?

Thanks for the reply!

Will

It would be a 3/8 Unc, and the brass nut thing would be called a brass coupling nut. Normally they are sink plated steel in their common form.

I made some easily on the lathe if you have access?

Quote Originally Posted by Roboteernat View Post
    It would be a 3/8 Unc, and the brass nut thing would be called a brass coupling nut. Normally they are sink plated steel in their common form.

I made some easily on the lathe if you have access?
    Thanks a lot :-)

Unfortunately I don't think I know anyone with a lathe. Do you think it might be a good idea to order one made to the right size? Or is there places where you can rent the equipment?

Thanks again!

Will

Quote Originally Posted by willcaddy View Post
    Thanks a lot :-)

Unfortunately I don't think I know anyone with a lathe. Do you think it might be a good idea to order one made to the right size? Or is there places where you can rent the equipment?

Thanks again!

Will
    If you are able to, you could become a member of a local Hackspace or Makerspace where you will find like minded people and tools to help out.

Which wheels did you go for? I could make some and sell them to you for you to insert?

Renting equipment wouldn't be suitable for a lathe, and even the smaller ones from machinemart etc wouldn't be up for the job, although could do it at a push.

Londonboii
    I made mine from plywood. Photo shows one just mocked up, have since covered with tyres just screwed on. 20170107_161127.jpg

Tony those wheels look cool are you going to add some bike rubber ?

Register To Comment