Register To Comment
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Inspiration/innovation in weaponry

That mechanism, if I have interpreted it correctly, would be a shuffler not a walker.
    Under the new season 3 rules that would gain you a 15kg bonus bring the maximum weight to 125Kg
    True walkers have a 35kg Bonus? (double check that) so they can weigh up to 145kg under the new rules.

As for entanglement, you are not allowed chainsaw fabrics or similar. Chain, cable or rope are basically the only things permitted and up to 1m in length maximum per continuous strand.

Those weight bonuses are what I heard in the recent Robot Wars podcast.

That would be a shuffler as the legs would only have one degree of freedom.

There was a great walker similar to what you describe in the original US robot wars , fitted with circular saws at each end

Quote Originally Posted by adamclark View Post
    There was a great walker similar to what you describe in the original US robot wars , fitted with circular saws at each end
    pretty hate machine http://menzelphoto.photoshelter.com/...000ydGq.T9WrPA

Looks great Adam-I'm guessing its a feather weight and I suppose the bobble feet propel it along by
    dropping and raising in sequence, looks a bit vunerable with no armour- I will look for video on you tube

So would anarchy's walking mechanism be considered a shuffler by today's standards?

It was in the lightweight division, check this vid out

walkers, robots with internal combustion engines, whats not to like !

Cutting in here but has anyone ever thought of a whip like weapon with a sharp barb on the end. Maybe not so effective against metal armor but could possibly disable some weapon systems or drive systems.

Have you heard of sting or big brother? Sting was more of a whipping tail, big brother had the same mechanism up to a point, then there was a mace attached to a chain. None did well sadly.

Register To Comment