Register To Comment
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Triforce 3 - Build Progress Thread

Been doing some drive testing over the holidays. Seems to work quite well. Couldn't go too fast as it was bouncing around so much I was losing control. Also Duty cycle on the motors is limited to 70% until I finish my own VESCs.

Last edited by TechAUmNu; 29th December 2017 at 10:52.

whoa! Looks nippy!

Quote Originally Posted by shakesc View Post
    Nice, these councils though really need to up their game on road building
    They should make the road from steel, then maglev cars would work.

How big was the hump it got stuck on initially?

Quote Originally Posted by typhoon_driver View Post
    How big was the hump it got stuck on initially?
    30-50mm ish

these councils though really need to up their game on road building
    If youve ever been to Hertfordshire you'll realise how good the roads in the video are lol

Hopefully there wont be too many speed bumps in the arena lol

Got all the welding done over the weekend, its now actually starting to look like a finished bot (minus assembly).

The ring with the gear welded inside it.

All the plates, still need to go round them with an angle grinder and clean them up before I paint them.

The bottom plate warped quite a lot, so will need to put a bolt through the center and pull it back down flat.

Drive unit meshes in the gear!

Just need to put the thing together, wire it up and paint it now. Next thing is to test the drive with full weight.

I have to admit. Impressive in total, but I'm not so happy on the welds. Especialy the ones for the teeth scare me.

Quote Originally Posted by maddox10 View Post
    I have to admit. Impressive in total, but I'm not so happy on the welds. Especialy the ones for the teeth scare me.
    Which teeth? The big ones on the ring I am a little worried about. So we are getting a second ring made all in one piece for fighting spinners. Also works as a spare when the teeth fall off the welded one.

Register To Comment