Register To Comment
Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Coolspeedbot: first feather weight robot

Quote Originally Posted by Albear View Post
    because that's what he does all his engineering on Although, he's built more successful robots than me to be fair
    Oh I see

6 Renders of Wolf-E showing off the new panel parts to hold the side panels.

Quote Originally Posted by Giles View Post
    Are you going to Insomnia? Best get building soon if so!
    Sadly not this time round, Wolf-E is most likely not going to be finished this year unless I can save enough money to get the hardox water cut.

Small update finally worked out the mounting for the removable link and how the mount fits and is attached to the bot.

That looks like my first plan for my removable link. I would have a big hole and was even going to finish the edges so they were nice and neat and looked awesome.

After reading other peoples experiences with removable links they do seem to be a weak point of any bot so tucking it where it couldn't be bashed seemed advisable. Spinners in particular would put it at risk.

Having a pull cable (none live) meant it could be put a bit more out of harms way but kept accessible.

Panels laid out, it could be ready to export as a DXF and time to get a quote from K-cut.

Quote Originally Posted by lowndsy View Post
    That looks like my first plan for my removable link. I would have a big hole and was even going to finish the edges so they were nice and neat and looked awesome.

After reading other peoples experiences with removable links they do seem to be a weak point of any bot so tucking it where it couldn't be bashed seemed advisable. Spinners in particular would put it at risk.

Having a pull cable (none live) meant it could be put a bit more out of harms way but kept accessible.
    I don't really have anywhere else to put it.

So as the issue has been raised, is there any suggestions on where to place the removable link and how to better protect it? Cause where I placed it in the CAD I though was ok cause it gives easy access for removal.

Team Kaizen

So as the issue has been raised, is there any suggestions on where to place the removable link and how to better protect it?
    I think it works where it is but I would add potentially add a raised profile around the edge, so it has a tunnel around it leading to the link (doesn't have to be very tall, just thick I would think to be of benefit). That would help protect it I think.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Register To Comment