Register To Comment
Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: FRA UK Featherweight Championship 2014 hosted by RoboChallenge

For those who can't wait: a few good ones from Tom Strong:

https://www.youtube.com/user/TomStrong67

I think there were 5 fights that went the distance (I was in 2 of them)..

Congrats to Jonno and Beauty 2 for their win, hard luck Harry Potter
    Massive well done to the 3rd and 4th places, Rango managing to get that far despite all the issues, and Defector for suprising a lot of people by dispatching 720 and making it into the last 4.

Big thanks to Robochallenge for a great event, much better than last years, and a much more roboteer friendly layout!

Finally, thanks to all the folks that helped me get my robot going again and fixed during the course of the event (Haz especially, who would have thought an Electronize could take that kind of punishment ??).

Celebration time for Ron, Jonno and Potter for the 1-2 finish, and of course for becoming the first robot ever to win the UK championship 3 times with Beauty 2. Well done to Ellis as well for 3rd with Rango, Gareth for fourth with Defector, Alex for yet another Annihilator with Tiny Toon, and Tom with Wedgie for the Gladiator (even though he only won because Ricochet ran out of batteries :P)
    I believe I am NSTs nemesis now, 3-0! Pitted vs Ricochet just like last year and unluckily pinned on the wall vs Flow. Finished the qualifiers with more points than I expected; Flow got 11, Ricochet got 10. Flow's weapon was broken from the start, it's now fixed, leaks fixed and firing beautifully ready for Yeovil.
    Massive thank you to Grant, James and all of the RoboChallenge crew for a fantastic event, much better layout this year in the pits and 4 days of fighting is like a dream come true, hope it stays the same for next year!

On a comedown now from a nackering 5 days… only 12 months until the next big champs!

As much as i hate to say it - learo done good - winning the champs 3 times is an awesome achievement! Both Beautys were totally on form this year, to be honest i had my money on B8 winning though! Just goes to show how much luck and driving really play a part in this game. Will and Jonno both did really well!

Also well done to Ellis- seeing Rango do so well was great even with all the teething problems of a new un tested robot, Ellis really has come a long way in the last few years with his engineering knowledge and its great to see new people in the sport doing so well and improving year on year.

Congrats to Alex for winning the annihilator again - still gotta brag that i've killed the "spinner killer" 2 years on the trott though :P you gotta get your dad to try harder next year! lol

Also well done to wedgie for his win.

For me the event was great and the coopers out did them selfs again this year, everything ran smoothly without any problems! Hopefully yeovil goes as well for them!

As for 720… the new drum seems to of improved the impacts massively… when it engages its pretty good… the knock on effect has put a lot more stresses through the chassis and drive, which most times meant in a fight id get one massive hit, followed by a problem, which I'm already looking into upgrading for next year. I was also unlucky to have my lipo die during one of my battles against scruffy (another team I'm massively impressed with)

Would like to thank Calum, Grant, Guiltherme, Jamie, Ed wallace, mark lumb, sam smith etc for helping 720 get ready for the last play off… within seconds of 720 coming out of the arena with a broken belt, and blown motor it was stripped into components with allen keys flying everywhere and about 6 hands on it at a time in a rush to get it done, if people weren't working on the robot they were prepping my spares ready to go back together…. really was the F1 style pit stop of the weekend!

Robo challenge 10 out of 10 again for me but I would say that

thanks for all the nice comments (and bad ones lol)

well done to well done to Ellis Rango for 3rd
    Alex for winning the annihilator again
    Wedgie (had money on 720)
    Best oota for me was Db10 v 720 wow like a bullet

and for Lewis and Jenson well team orders next time ok
    (B8 had never turned a wheel on the ground and went in and worked 1st time ) that's a 1st for me
    AND there is No Number 9 coming just a few scratches to clean up on B8

also thanks to Kane and Mario (yes I did loan a motor) but it was the old dx6 needed reset

But 5 years with out the Trophy is a long time thank you Team Beast
    Last edited by beast; 14th April 2014 at 16:51.

I'll get B8 next time .

Absolutly bangin event!! Never a dull moment, not a bad word to say about anybody either- the best 4 days ive had in a long time too!
    Robochallenge events seem to get better and better every year and already looking forward to next years champs!

Congrats tp all the winners and to tiny toon who have taken my annihilator crown!

As for ts3 so much more reliable than last year, no maintence needed at all untill friday afternoon which im pleased with
    Its a writeoff now thou thanks to the very impressive NST - so lucky it flew otta after hitting me a second time as i doubt TS3 would have took another hit!
    As for next year i may give spinners a break and try something new, was impressed with little hitter with how it performed so will have to see how i feel when it comes to designing next years entry

forgot to say too, a massive thanks to edd with helping to get ts3 repaird on saturday night! Plus sam dave etc for the help with odds and sods during the event
    Last edited by calumco; 14th April 2014 at 17:30.

Just.....wow.

A knackering but thoroughly enjoyable 4-day championship. Congratulations to Learo/Team Beast for the 1-2 finish and to Jonno & Will on their driving exploits. I also thought that Beauty 8 would take 1st place but the curse of Potter struck again :P
    But for a robot to not only win the championship for a third time, but to do so five years after its last one is no mean feat. Thought we'd seen the end of Beauty 2 when Toonimator smashed it up in 2010 but there's no keeping the old girl down. Well done

Massive congrats to Ellis for taking 3rd spot too, Rango was incredible! It was all the sweeter considering the problems you had with it just before coming over, but your dedication and perspiration in keeping it running fight after fight meant that it was well worthy of a podium finish and I hope it goes further next year!

Big well done to Gareth and Defector too. It was definitely the dark horse, quietly making its way through all the rounds to get into the top four. It's annoying to fall just short of the podium at the final hurdle but you can be proud of how well it did.

And of course well done to Alex (again!) and Tom for winning the Annihilator and Gladiator events respectively.

On a personal level, Drumroll placed 5th which, considering I thought it was out of the running after the first fight, is a very good outcome. Many thanks to the Coopers/Dave and Ed for the use of their fly-presses over the weekend to keep it going. Carcinus was completely wrecked by the end of the event but is still running and took whatever the spinners could throw at it, and it even managed to amass 9 points in the qualifiers :P

Huge thanks go to James, Grant, Nick and the rest of the Robo Challenge team for putting on another fantastic event, Pete, Kane and Ed for taking on the unenviable task of judging and to everyone who rallied around to help get Drumroll running after the d̶r̶u̶m̶-̶o̶f̶f̶ losers’ meleé. Great to see everyone again, and great to meet all the new faces. Special mention to Nick for having the dedication to come all the way from Australia!

See you next year!

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    AND there is No Number 9 coming just a few scratches to clean up on B8
    A few scratches? Are you not replacing the side that Mr Mangle ripped off?

I'm not forgetting that Beauty 8 beat me right after that; I will be back to even the score next year!
    Last edited by overkill; 14th April 2014 at 17:48.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueTwoRobots View Post
    Special mention to Nick for having the dedication to come all the way from Australia!

See you next year!
    Thanks for the shout-out! Everyone was telling me that Drumroll was done 'this time for sure' and you still managed to get it going time and time again. That was really inspirational and I only wish I could have assisted with spares or tools - perhaps next time.

Register To Comment